If you’re looking to get the best sound quality from your TV and are on a budget, this guide will help you find the best soundbar available in 2022. There are several options available, but it can be hard to sort through them all and figure out which one fits your needs the best! We’ve reviewed some of the top ones here, so you don’t have to do all the work yourself! Soundbars are also an affordable upgrade that can give your TV new life, no matter how old it is.
For Large Rooms
If you have a large room, you’ll want a soundbar that can fill it with rich, powerful sound. The best soundbars for large rooms will have plenty of wattage to produce loud, clear audio. They should also have multiple drivers to create a wide, immersive soundstage. Look for features like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support to take your home theater experience to the next level. You’ll also want to make sure the soundbar you choose has enough inputs to connect all your devices. Luckily, most models come with HDMI ports as well as Bluetooth connectivity, so you shouldn’t need any additional equipment. With all these features in mind, here are some of our favorite soundbars for large rooms:
– Denon AVR-S900W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
– Samsung HW-N950 Wireless Smart Soundbar
– Sony HTNT5 Premium 5.1 Channel Sound Bar System – LG SH6 3D Wired Home Theater Audio with Wireless Subwoofer
– Yamaha YAS105BL High Performance Network Music Player and Surround Speaker System For Small Rooms: For those with smaller living spaces, consider an option without a subwoofer to save space. The best soundbars for small rooms usually feature slim designs that don’t intrude on your furniture or decor. In addition, they typically don’t require much power (less than 75 watts) to operate efficiently. To create maximum immersion in smaller spaces, opt for higher frequency speakers (usually tweeters). Finally, look for speakers encased in metal cabinets rather than plastic enclosures because they tend to provide richer bass notes.
If you’re looking for the best soundbar for your home theater setup, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll go over the best soundbars for all budgets and setups. Whether you’re looking for a simple 2.0 setup or a full 5.1 surround system, we’ve got you covered.
First, let’s take a look at some of the features to look for in a soundbar. Then we’ll dive into our top picks for each budget category.
When shopping for a soundbar, there are a few key features to keep in mind. First, consider the size of your room and how many speakers you need. Most soundbars come in 2.0, 2.1, or 5.1 configurations. You can also find soundbars with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X virtual speaker technologies that offer lifelike audio quality with overhead effects. For those who want a small form factor, check out our list of space-saving soundbars. Other things to consider include built-in subwoofers, Wi-Fi connectivity, HDMI inputs and outputs, Bluetooth compatibility, streaming services compatibility (e.g., Spotify), voice control integration (e.g., Amazon Alexa), headphone jack availability, and more.
When it comes to the actual buying process there are two main options: Soundbar as part of a package or stand-alone purchase. In general, people tend to get the most value when they buy a soundbar along with other electronics from the same manufacturer. However, if you already have a TV and don’t plan on replacing it anytime soon, you may be better off purchasing a stand-alone soundbar for your needs. The second option is usually cheaper up front but requires additional purchases down the line like an amplifier and additional speakers.
In terms of brands and models, here are some of our favorites across different price points At the lower end of the spectrum, the Vizio S3820W 38 2.0 Home Theater Sound Bar System is one of our favorite entry-level models thanks to its ultra slim design and excellent low-end bass performance. It offers surprisingly decent sound for its size without any distortion, making it perfect for smaller spaces or living rooms where watching movies and listening to music are your primary concern. At $179 MSRP, it’s also one of the cheapest options available in this category. On the higher end of things, there’s definitely no shortage of great choices with Klipsch making quite a few exceptional offerings. Our pick for high-end soundbars is the Klipsch Reference R25C II 25 2.1 Channel Curved Soundbar System which will set you back about $599 MSRP. But with cutting edge curved design, THX certification, dual wireless remote controls, wireless subwoofer support, 4K Ultra HD resolution compatibility, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD decoding capabilities and much more, it’s worth every penny.
Small Living Spaces
If you live in a small space, chances are you don’t have room for a full-fledged surround sound system. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice great audio. A soundbar is a compact, stylish way to get big sound without taking up a lot of space. Here are our picks for the best soundbars of 2022, for all budgets. * Vifa TV: The Vifa TV soundbar offers rich and deep bass with a slim profile. There’s also an optional subwoofer available if you need more thump. The unit is also built to be wall mounted or placed on a flat surface such as your desk or entertainment center. * Samsung Wireless Sound+: If you want wireless streaming from your smartphone or tablet, the Samsung Wireless Sound+ will fill your living space with sound. It has three HDMI inputs so you can connect it to any media device including Blu-ray players and gaming consoles.
* Sony HTNT5 5.1 Channel Home Theater System (B): For those who love big home theater systems but don’t want something elaborate, the Sony HTNT5 5.1 Channel Home Theater System is perfect.
For All Budgets
- Whether you’re looking for a high-end investment piece or a more budget-friendly option, there’s a soundbar out there for you.
- We’ve rounded up the best soundbars for 2022, so you can find the perfect one to fit your needs.
- From sleek and powerful models from well-known brands to more affordable options that still pack a punch, there’s something on this list for everyone.
- So if you’re looking to upgrade your home theater setup or simply want to improve the audio quality of your TV, read on for the best soundbars of 2022.
- . At the high end is Polk Audio’s Signa S2T. The latest addition to their acclaimed Signa series, it has an unrivaled cinematic performance thanks to its Dolby Atmos and DTS:X compatible speakers.
- It’s expensive but worth every penny if you have space for it in your living room (it measures 45 inches long).
- On the other hand, if size is a concern then Vizio’s SB3621n-E8 may be just what you need. A slimline soundbar with a wireless subwoofer and rear satellite speakers, it delivers excellent value at under $300. 8. But whichever model you choose, they’re bound to make an improvement over your current setup! 9. Check out our favorite picks below and we’ll see you in 2022! 10. Samsung HW-MS650: Want full surround sound without wires? Then Samsung’s HW-MS650 is the answer. 11. Priced around $500, it boasts six speaker drivers, four discrete amplifiers and one HDMI input that will let you plug in games consoles and BluRay players as well as TVs. 12. But where this soundbar really shines is when paired with Samsung’s Q900 R quantum dot smart TVs – together they deliver stunning picture quality, as well as deep bass, sounds through a single cable connection into the TV box . 13. Sony HT-ST5000: You might know Sony for their camera sensors, but they also make some cracking TVs. And their HT-ST5000 soundbar offers great style too with its aluminum casing and hidden driver units. 14. Though not quite as slimline as the Vizio model mentioned above, it does boast two 60-watt speakers alongside a wireless subwoofer to fill larger rooms more effectively than smaller soundbars 15. Bose SoundTouch 300: If you like taking care of business first before playing around, then Bose’s SoundTouch 300 might be right up your street. 16. Designed primarily for use with Apple products like Apple TV and iTunes Music Match, this soundbar features a simple remote control that comes preprogrammed to work straight out of the box 17. But you don’t have to own any of these devices to appreciate the sound it produces: it can stream music wirelessly from a number of different sources including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirPlay. 18. The second-generation Amazon Echo is also compatible with this soundbar, meaning you can ask Alexa to play your favorite songs without having to take your phone out of your pocket. 19. Logitech Z906: Finally, if you’re looking for a premium system that will produce immersive 360 degrees sound, the Logitech Z906 is worth considering.
- With a host of inputs including USB and HDMI as well as dual amps and seven drivers, this versatile soundbar was made for large spaces that demand high-quality sound.