Tired of games that are limited to 30 frames per second? 120Hz gaming monitors are now common and 120Hz 4K TVs are becoming the norm, but which 120Hz 4K TV should you buy? We’ve looked at the specs and features of every major 4K 120Hz TV to determine which one is right for you, as well as how they stack up to lower refresh rate models in terms of picture quality. Read on to find out how to get ready for next-gen gaming with the best 120Hz 4K TVs of 2022!
What to look for in a gaming TV
A high refresh rate is one of the most important considerations when it comes to buying a gaming TV. You need a TV that can provide quick, seamless action on the screen so you don’t miss out on key moments. You also want features like motion interpolation which make your gaming even more realistic, and a TV tuner if you like to play on your big screen instead of a PC monitor.
If you want all these features in an affordable package, check out these great sets: Samsung QE55Q9FN / LG OLEDC8PTA / TCL R615US7250 . Each set has its own advantages; for example, the Samsung QE55Q9FN offers stunning picture quality thanks to its Micro Dimming technology, while the LG OLEDC8PTA offers unbeatable viewing angles from virtually any angle due to its perfect black levels. Whichever you choose, be sure to look for a TV that’s been designed specifically with gamers in mind!
The Top 8 TVs that offer VRR technology
Of course, there are lots of good TV models to choose from. But if you’re looking for TVs that can display HDR content at 60 frames per second and support High Dynamic Range Alliance standards, then these 8 models are what you should be aiming for:
1) Vizio M43-C1 43 240hz Smart TV
2) Samsung UN65KS8000 65 800hz Smart TV
3) Sony X800D 75 600hz Smart TV 4) LG OLED55B7A 55 600hz OLED Smart TV
5) LG OLED55E7P 55 1200hz OLED Smart TV
6) Sony Bravia X900F 85 1000hz LED TV
7) LG OLED77G8P 77 1200hz Plasma Display Television
8) Sony BRAVIA A9F 95 4000hz LED TV
Also worth noting is that next year’s crop of gaming monitors will offer something called FreeSync2 which will offer dynamic refresh rates up to 144Hz. You’ll need a video card capable of handling it though, so your PC will need a high-end NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card or higher to take advantage of this technology.
The Best Under $2000 List
Samsung NU6900 49-inch 120Hz Curved 4K Smart TV (2019)
The Samsung NU6900 is a 49 inch, curved screen, Ultra HD smart TV that delivers high quality video, images and gaming content at an affordable price. All these great features make this one of the best TVs under $2000 on the market today. It is also available in 55 inches and 65 inches as well. There are many other good options too such as LG Electronics OLED55B8PUA 55-Inch 4K HDR AI Smart OLED TV 2019 or Sony XBR49X900F 49-Inch 4K HDR LED Android TV.
Samsung QN75Q6F 75-Inch QLED Flat Panel 4K UHD Television (2020)
The Samsung QN75Q6F is another large screen, ultra HD, flat panel television that delivers some of the best picture and sound quality on the market today. The QN75Q6F comes equipped with Samsung’s proprietary Quantum Processor 8k which delivers exceptional color accuracy, clarity and brightness from any angle in any room you place it in. It is perfect for gamers who want to enjoy their favorite games in razor sharp detail with no ghosting or motion blur whatsoever. For gamers looking to step up their game without breaking the bank, the QN75Q6F is an excellent choice.
Most gaming monitors in 2019 come with refresh rates at 60Hz, which may not be fast enough when you consider that the natural refresh rate of human eyes is set to 24hz. This means, if you have a monitor that has a higher than 60 Hz refresh rate, your eyes will more easily follow what is happening on the screen. It’s all about finding a balance between image quality and smooth gameplay that will keep you satisfied. Fortunately, there are plenty of high refresh rate screens for you to choose from: check out our three recommendations below!
1) Sony W950G-B This 50 television is a great option for gamers looking for excellent visuals at an affordable price. The native resolution of this TV can go up to 3,840 x 2160 pixels. And because it features true 10 bit color rendering (which Sony calls TRILUMINOS), this TV should provide excellent detail as well as vibrant colors. In addition, this display supports both 120Hz and 240Hz refresh rates, so no matter how fast or slow you want your game to run smoothly on your television, it should work just fine. Plus, it comes with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, so you won’t need to connect a cable to your computer.
2) Samsung QN75Q8F If you’re willing to spend a little more for better performance and brighter visuals, then this 75 inch 4K TV might be worth considering. What sets it apart from other models is its native contrast ratio of 1000000:1 (compared to the SONY mentioned above). What does this mean? Well one thing that might stand out right away is its improved contrast ratio; making darker areas darker while brightening the lighter ones. As for refresh rates, this model also comes with two options: one is 96Hz, and the other 144Hz. One final benefit of choosing this model over others is that it includes Samsung’s signature quantum dot technology. All these features make for a great gaming experience.
3) LG OLED65C9P-ZA There are many different types of televisions available today; some specialize in brightness and others prioritize picture quality. But if you want something that offers both these qualities at once, then an OLED panel might be the best choice for you. They’re usually pricier than other TVs but they make up for their price by providing an unparalleled level of realism. For example, these displays feature much greater depth compared to regular LED screens – perfect if you enjoy playing RPGs!