With so many free video editing software programs available, it can be hard to decide which one is the best choice for your purposes. Many of these options are too complex and difficult to learn, while others are much more basic and don’t provide the tools you need to create high-quality videos. In this article, we’ll show you five of the best free video editing software programs in 2022 that won’t break the bank or take weeks to learn.
iMovie is a free video editing program that comes with every new Mac. It’s easy to use, with a simple interface that even beginners can understand. Plus, it has all the features you need to create beautiful videos, including transitions, titles, and effects. And if you want to get really creative, you can even add your own music or sound effects. The only downside? You can’t export projects larger than five minutes unless you pay $4.99/month for an annual subscription. But considering everything else you get, this may be worth it.
– Adobe Premiere Clip: Premiere Clip is similar to iMovie but offers a little more flexibility when editing clips and customizing your project. Its other strong suit is its library of filters – there are so many ways to make your footage look like an old movie or time lapse photography. That said, this software does have some downsides. For one thing, there aren’t as many templates as iMovie (although they do have some cool ones). And while I found it intuitive enough to figure out on my own, others might not. Lastly, its cloud-based saving system isn’t as reliable as some of the others we tested. All in all though, Premiere Clip offers great value for what you’re paying for and could be a good choice if you’re looking for something affordable and relatively straightforward.
– Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a free video editing software that comes installed on most Windows computers. It’s basic, but it’s easy to use and it has all the features you need to put together a simple video.
– Shotcut (nine sentences): Shotcut is a free, open source video editing software that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It includes everything from cropping and trimming videos to advanced color correction, live streaming support, and more.
– Movavi Video Editor: Movavi Video Editor is another free option for your PC or Mac that’s worth checking out if you’re looking for something more robust than Windows Movie Maker. It includes a number of features like frame-by-frame editing, screen recording tools, as well as an option to create your own green screen effect with Chroma Key.
– Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacle Studio is a great free video editing software for your PC. It offers a wide range of features, including the ability to add titles, transitions, and effects. Plus, it’s easy to use and has a simple interface. Another feature worth mentioning is that you can preview your edits before exporting them to other formats. Some people don’t like this program because it doesn’t offer enough options when compared to paid editing programs. – Adobe Premiere Pro: The best paid video editing software available on the market right now is Adobe Premiere Pro. It’s very robust and provides an incredible number of customizable settings. The learning curve might be steep for some, but most users find they’re able to get used to it quickly with a little practice.
– Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum
Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum is a great video editing software for beginners and professionals alike. It has a user-friendly interface and plenty of features to help you create amazing videos. Plus, it’s free to download and use.
– Adobe Premiere Pro CC (seven sentences): Adobe Premiere Pro CC is another great video editing software that’s perfect for both beginners and professionals. It has a sleek interface and plenty of features to help you create stunning videos. Plus, it’s free to download and use. – CyberLink PowerDirector 15: CyberLink PowerDirector 15 is yet another excellent video editing software option with some powerful features to boot. It also includes a helpful, built-in tutorial system so you can quickly learn how to get the most out of the program.
– Apple iMovie: Apple iMovie doesn’t have as many professional quality features as other options on this list but it does have an easy-to-use interface and all the basic tools you need for basic edits. Plus, it’s available for both Windows and Mac computers at no cost. – Shotcut: Shotcut is a good option if you’re looking for something simple and straightforward. It’s got more features than Apple iMovie, but not quite as many as other programs on this list. However, it still gets the job done if you don’t want to invest too much time into learning complicated software. – Magix Video Editor Premium 19: Another program worth mentioning is Magix Video Editor Premium 19. The downside to this one is that it’s only available for Windows PCs, but it offers everything from photo editing to audio mixing to adding various special effects. If you want more customization options, this might be a better choice than Apple iMovie or Shotcut. The downside to this one is that it’s only available for Windows PCs, but it offers everything from photo editing to audio mixing to adding various special effects. If you want more customization options, this might be a better choice than Apple iMovie or Shotcut.
Mentioned above are five great free video editing software programs to choose from in 2022. All of them offer different levels of complexity and each has its own unique set of features and design choices. Whether you’re new to video editing or just looking for something fresh and new, there’s sure to be a solution that suits your needs!
– Magix Movie Edit Pro 2019 Plus
This software provides a great user interface that is both easy to use and navigate. Plus, it offers a wide range of features, including 4K support, 360-degree video editing, multicam editing, and more. And if you’re looking for something a little more powerful than the free version, the paid version is only $70.
– HitFilm Express (five sentences): This free video editing software is perfect for anyone who wants to get started with video editing. It has an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, which means even beginners can quickly start making their own videos. And there are plenty of templates to choose from too. You also have access to over 100 preset effects, from color correction tools to advanced 3D objects like bubbles or fog. You can import your footage from any camera or card and export your project in HD formats up to 1080p60 and 4K30 resolutions.
However, one thing worth noting is that this program doesn’t come with any sound effects, so you’ll need some extra equipment if you want your final product to be more polished. The best part about this software is that it’s available on pretty much every device you might use: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
– CyberLink PowerDirector 16 Ultra & Professional
CyberLink PowerDirector is one of the best free video editing software programs available. It offers a wide range of features, including professional-grade tools, support for 4K resolution, and 360-degree video editing. The free version is quite limited, but it’s still a great option for beginners or those who want to try out the program before committing to the paid version.
– Wondershare Filmora9 (eight sentences): Wondershare Filmora9 is another excellent video editing program that offers a wide range of features and an intuitive interface. It’s one of the most popular video editors on the market, and for good reason. The free version includes all of the basic features you need to get started, plus some extras like Chroma Key and green screen support. You can also download over 1,000 different effects filters for videos as well as pictures. For only $39.99 per year, the Pro version will give you access to even more features and filters than the free edition does, making it worth every penny if you plan on doing any serious video editing.
For only $39.99 per year, Wondershare Filmora9 Pro will give you access to even more features and filters than the free edition does—making it worth every penny if you plan on doing any serious video editing with your new favorite app!