After years of development, the best rugged laptops of 2022 are finally available. In this article, we’ll take you through the top three rugged notebooks in their respective categories – best drop-proof laptop, best spill-proof laptop, and best waterproof laptop – as well as some honorable mentions that also deserve your attention. Check out our top 10 list below and click through to our detailed reviews to learn about the best rugged laptops in 2022!
Rugged Laptop Comparison Chart
Traditional laptops are usually too fragile and sensitive to endure rigorous activities. Instead, many folks have turned to tougher, more rugged laptops that can withstand the wear and tear of their active lifestyles. In order to better identify the top 10 rugged laptops on the market today, we analyzed a series of key features: weight, mobility, screen quality, drop resistance, battery life and value (for maximum functionality). Below you will find our comparison chart that offers you valuable information on each laptop brand while giving a rundown of pros and cons.
For those of you who want to learn more about any specific model, click on the Click Here For More Info link found in each cell. As always, please let us know if you have any questions by commenting below!
If you find yourself in a situation where you want to use your laptop on the go without having to worry about it being dropped, we’ve got you covered. Here are the top 10 best rugged laptops for outdoors and wfh, which meet Military Standard 810G and other certification standards. These rugged laptops have a high drop resistance rating and are also certified water-resistant as well as free from dust. If this sounds like what you’re looking for in a laptop, keep reading to learn more about the various features that make each one so great!
No. 1 – Dell Latitude 7290 2-in-1 Ultrabook
No. 2 – Lenovo ThinkPad X270
No. 3 – Samsung Chromebook Pro
No. 4 – HP EliteBook 840 G4
No. 5 – Microsoft Surface Book 2 13
No. 6 – ASUS ZenBook UX330UA
No. 7 – HP Elite x2 1012 G2 Tablet
Laptop battery life is no joke. Having the battery die when you’re out and about or on your commute can be a headache, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are five ways to maximize your battery life while you’re on the go.
1) Turn off power hungry features, like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, when they’re not in use
2) Dim your screen’s brightness as much as possible or turn it off completely if you can
3) If the laptop has a physical mouse pad and you don’t need it open, close the lid to turn it off
4) Avoid using USB ports unless necessary; they generally use more power than other ports do. So charge that phone from the laptop’s plug! It’ll give you more juice than an external charger will. Don’t forget to keep it plugged in when not in use, too. And there you have it! Five easy ways to extend your battery life so that you never run out of juice again!
1) Close any apps that aren’t being used, especially the ones using the most power
2) Reduce your screen’s brightness level and adjust accordingly throughout the day. Note: Your laptop should automatically adjust this setting based on time of day, but if it doesn’t, try changing this setting manually by following these instructions here
3) Close your laptop lid whenever possible (except when you’re using a mouse!)
4) Use laptops with non-USB ports whenever possible because they tend to use less power than other ports do
5) Keep your battery charged whenever you can – keeping it plugged in between uses gives it a better chance at holding its charge for longer periods of time.
- – Materials/Durability A rugged laptop has to be able to stand up to a drop test, plus everyday wear and tear such as bumps, spills, and getting wet. Durable materials like rubberized coating and metal usually ensure that your laptop stays looking good while protecting the delicate parts inside.
- – Size & Weight What sets a rugged laptop apart from one without the same high durability rating is its ability to hold up better in extreme conditions and being lighter weight than other laptops on the market. Many military-grade laptops are small and lightweight, making them perfect for taking with you wherever you go.
- – Touchscreen Most modern computers come with touchscreens nowadays, but if you’re going to buy a durable laptop that will be exposed to all kinds of weather and terrain, then it’s probably best not to risk it with a touchscreen display–it’s just too fragile!
- – Operating System Even though many rugged devices come preloaded with an operating system (OS), we recommend downloading an OS specific for outdoor use such as Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit Outdoor Edition or Android OTA v8 Oreo OS Outdoor Edition
- – Storage Some rugged laptops have built-in storage solutions like SSDs, external hard drives, and SD cards. When selecting a model with these types of storage options, look for those which allow you to store content off the device so you can access it later when needed.
- – Battery Life A long battery life is key for any type of laptop, but especially so when considering a model that will be used outside where there are more opportunities to get caught in less-than-ideal situations–such as heavy rainstorms or snowstorms–and need access to power at all times.
Sometime tomorrow, the mobile revolution will show its first cracks and our digital work environment will change. We already know how those changes might look. There will be always-on laptops that put a stop to our hectic late nights at the office. Immersive VR interfaces will keep us in sync with their vastly more powerful capabilities while we doze on the couch, bike to work, or otherwise engage in life beyond the confines of a chair.
Phone screens are getting bigger and screens are becoming less polarized as landscape tablets vie with portrait smartphones. All signs point to an increasingly less binary world as technology begins to balance between mobility and power and advanced features take hold outside office hours too.
Who could be contentedly going about their day when all this is happening? What’s coming is not just new, it’s better – and if you’re not excited about your future laptop yet, get ready.
In the next 5 years or so, we’ll see even faster processing speeds from Intel’s 7th generation processors; thinner laptops from dual-booting Android; smarter devices through integration with Google Assistant; better sound systems from Dolby Atmos; sleek 3D touchscreens from Toshiba and HP; longer battery lives thanks to processor optimizations like Ryzen Mobile APU 2nd Gen; and much more.
It’s time to find your perfect rugged laptop for outdoors or WFH! In addition to prioritizing security and durability for working remotely, you need to consider some additional considerations when shopping for a rugged laptop. If you’re looking for a model that can withstand drops, spills, dirt, dust or moisture exposure, then these are some top picks.
Kensington ToughSleeve Plus (2021)
If you have to head out into the wilderness, this model is one of the most secure choices available today. For starters, Kensington ToughSleeve Plus comes with both RFID protection against identity theft and fingerprint identification protection against unauthorized access. You can also add up to three layers of screen protection by installing tempered glass screen protectors before shipping off into the wilds—or use it as your daily driver in an office setting too! Finally, the KENSINGTON TOUGHSLEEVE PLUS has a locking device to prevent accidental opening and a latch lock to prevent the sleeve from being removed.
Lenovo ThinkPad P1 X1 Carbon 20K R3 (2022)
This model of the Lenovo ThinkPad P1 X1 Carbon 20K R3 boasts a durable, MIL-SPEC tested design that should be able to stand up to any possible abuse. With both IP52 certification for water and dust resistance and MIL-STD 810G testing for extreme temperatures, shocks, vibrations, mechanical shocks, high altitude operation, humidity variations, solar radiation and salt fog exposure tests; you don’t have to worry about what nature or office life throws at it.
- Weighing at just under two pounds, the ThinkPad R131 is perfect for on-the-go professionals looking to take their office with them.
- At its core, the ThinkPad R131 runs on an Intel Core i3 CPU and has a 256GB SSD storage drive, so it can carry all your digital information without an issue.
- It also has 8GB of RAM memory to keep you running quickly and efficiently; this will be great when handling multiple tasks at once!
- With a battery life that ranges from five to nine hours depending on use, you’ll have more than enough power to get you through your day!
- To make sure you’re never in danger, this laptop features military-grade durability which means it’s ruggedized for any environment!
- You’ll love how lightweight and sleek the design is – with a thickness of only 0.76 inches, the ThinkPad R131 feels like nothing in your bag or pocket!
- Last but not least, there are dual speakers located near the top of this device which are Dolby Audio Premium certified – meaning they’re louder and clearer than ever before!
- If you’re looking for one machine that’s both powerful and durable while still being lightweight, the ThinkPad R131 should be your choice today!