You are searching for ‘the danger of academic procrastination’; most probably, you did not work well in the last semester. If failure comes to you, you must not lose hope, as getting a degree without improving your interpersonal and professional skills with put you into another series of challenges. Though it is hard to face failure, but believe me it gives you another chance to learn from your mistake. However, the best part of the picture is to find the root cause of the failure and never commit such mistakes, ever. This article aims to discuss the most frequent cause of academic failure (academic procrastination) that can be eliminated by only focusing on or changing a few strategies. Let’s discuss how procrastination is the biggest enemy of your academic success and what ways you can adopt to get rid of it.
Academic Procrastination- As a matter of course:
Almost all students are used to procrastinating their work. However, only a few named this act ‘procrastination’, while the majority of a student named it relaxation or need of the hour. Some say that due to personal responsibilities or health problems, they postpone their work and get in trouble. No matter what is the cause behind the unnecessary delay in an academic task, it still is a subject of academic procrastination.
Academic procrastination is a common problem; everybody deals with it. So taking it for granted is still not a wise act. Remember one thing, it is dangerous. Whether you are procrastinating on academic work or anything confidential, it will prevent you from giving your best.
From one perspective, procrastination is nothing more than sluggishness, and from another, it can be detrimental to your future. It is up to the student how seriously he /she takes it. Thus, if somebody wants to excel in a particular field, he/she must know the dangers of procrastination and ways to avoid it. The following is a brief description of the dangers of academic procrastination and some ways to avoid it as well.
Dangers of Procrastination:
Students’ life is full of academic challenges, and when you start procrastinating work, it will add fuel to the fire. The moment you start postponing any work, you will be unable to meet the deadlines. Submission of an assignment after deadlines, asking for a dissertation submission date extension, and inability to properly answer the questions asked in exams are some of the consequences of such unnecessary delays. Moreover, all of these circumstances have a highly negative association with the final grades of a student. Additionally, if you do not complete an academic task on time, you will start losing confidence to face academic experts and participant in literary quizzes or completions. These are a few circumstances of academic procrastination that explains how it is an enemy to your personal and academic growth.
Ways to avoid procrastination:
Basically, it becomes easy to turn your academic setbacks into strengths if you take a realistic approach to eliminate the root cause of the problem. If you are dam sure that your academic failure is the result of such unnecessary delays or laziness, then the following tips can help you turn into a better version of yourself:
- Know yourself: Not every person can be treated in the same way. Thus, first, you must know what kind of person you are in reality.
- Find ways to improve you: When you know yourself, defining ways to improve you will become easy. Finding your flaws is another way to improve by working on minor flaws.
- Start moving with the needles of a clock: This is what helps people become leaders. Moving with the needles of a clock helps you stay activated the whole day. If you stay actived, procrastination will have no effect on your academic performance.
- Never spend time in destructive activities: The negativity is the cause of anxiety and stress that forbids students from actively concentrating on a lesson. The gap in conceptual understanding is another factor that prevents students to timely complete their work.
- Seek expert help instead of procrastinating a task: In case you realise your mistakes and don’t have time to improve your, then a quick solution to this problem is to seek Cheap dissertation writing help.
In the shadow of what has been written, academic procrastination is a factor affecting the academic performance of almost all students. However, the extent to which students are affected by it differs greatly. No matter how much you are affected by the danger of academic procrastination, you must learn as well as implement the ways to avoid it.